Collaborating with the GSB Impact Fund
The GSB Impact Fund evaluates companies for their strong business fundamentals and compelling social and environmental impact. We believe that the most impactful social enterprises are, first-and-foremost, viable businesses that offer scalability of financial returns and measurable impact.
We invest across seven sectors: education, energy and the environment, fintech, food and agriculture, justice, healthcare, and urban development. We are particularly excited about ventures founded by diverse teams and closing gaps in opportunity.
Our process includes leadership team reviews, diligence of historical sales and customers, evaluations of market growth opportunities, comparable company analysis, detailed financial model reviews, and impact theory of change and efficacy analysis. The investment process primarily occurs during Stanford's winter quarter (January to April).
The GSB Impact Fund offers:
- $25,000 to $75,000 minority investments
- Angel, Seed or Series A rounds
- Preferred equity or convertible debt securities
- Ongoing relationship with the fund
- Project-based support for key business challenges
- Access to subject-area experts and valuable recruiting opportunities
Companies and entrepreneurs that have successfully gone through our process typically feature:
- Products or services that have demonstrated market traction (through customer usage or existing revenues)
- Dedicated leaders with a desire to make a social impact in one of the Fund's target sectors
- C-Corp and B-Corp structures
If you believe your enterprise and the GSB Impact Fund could be great collaborators based on the parameters above, please send a summary of your business to the Impact Fund leadership team.
We primarily evaluate new investments during Stanford's winter quarter (January to April). Before and after that time, responses may be delayed.